Early Admission with Dual Enrollment
Early admission with dual enrollment is designed for currently-enrolled, highly qualified high school seniors who wish to enroll in a college program. Applications for admission will be considered upon receipt. Other requirements are listed below:
- An applicant must furnish a copy of a high school transcript showing grades earned through the junior year, courses in progress in the senior year, and an overall grade point average of 3.0 based on at least two years of high school study (prospective students currently enrolled in high school). The transcript must reflect that the applicant upon graduation will have completed the minimum course requirements listed above.
- A cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher in all courses attempted in the ninth through the eleventh grades.
- A acceptable score on either the new SAT I (which includes the writing components) or the ACT with the writing component.
- An above average high school class rank.
- A passing score on all areas of the North Carolina Competency Examination (a requirement for all students graduating from secondary schools in North Carolina).
- A recommendation from the counselor or the principal.
- A current medical certificate.
Students accepted under this program will be required to take all tests administered to entering freshmen. Applicants considered for admission will be accepted under the classification of Special. Unconditional admission is contingent upon fulfilling the stated requirements and graduation from high school. Students accepted and registered under this program will not receive grades or an official transcript until an official copy of the final high school transcript confirming graduation is received.