Minimum Course Requirements
All applicants must meet the following minimum course requirements to be eligible for admission:
- In English, four (4) course units emphasizing grammar, composition, and literature, and two (2) units of a language other than English;
- In mathematics, four (4) course units in any of the following combinations:
- Algebra I and II, geometry, and one unit beyond Algebra II,
- Algebra I and II, and two units beyond Algebra II, or
- Integrated Math I, II, and III, and one unit beyond Integrated Math III.
It is recommended that prospective students take a mathematics course unit in the twelfth grade.
- In science, three (3) course units including at least one unit in a life or biological science (for example, biology), at least one unit in a physical science (for example, physical science, chemistry, physics), and at least one laboratory course;
- In social studies, two (2) course units including one unit in U.S. history, but an applicant who does not have the unit in U.S. history may be admitted on the condition that at least three semester hours in that subject will be passed by the
end of the sophomore year;
- Six (6) units of electives from the areas of language, literature, mathematics, science, social studies, or business.
Course units as defined in these requirements may include those high school-level courses taken and passed by an applicant after graduating from high school, as well as those taken while enrolled as a high school student.