New Students - Your First Steps to Success
- Complete and Submit Student Health Services Form - This form, which is required by North Carolina State Law and was provided with your letter of admission, must be submitted to Student Health Services. Failure to submit this document will delay your registration. Also, you are required to have health insurance. Your fees will include a charge for FSU Student Health Insurance, unless you sign an Insurance Waiver Form at Student Health Services. To receive the insurance waiver, you must present proof of insurance to Student Health Services. Call 910-672-1454.
- Complete Financial Aid Application - If you are seeking financial aid or wish to apply for scholarships, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and submit it to the Federal Processor. To expedite processing, you can complete the FAFSA online. Please see enclosed “Seven Steps for Obtaining Financial Aid” for more information. Be sure to put FSU’s school code: 002928 on line 86 of the FAFSA. Any additional information requested by the FSU Office of Financial Aid must be submitted promptly. If financial aid has not been awarded by the time of registration, you will be required to make at least a minimum payment at the time of registration. Any questions?
Call the Office of Financial Aid at 910-672-1325 or 1-800-368-4210.
- Attend First Steps - All new freshmen are required to complete profile examinations, academic advisement and course registration at First Steps.
- Submit Housing Application if you wish to live on campus - Please follow instructions included in your letter of admission to complete the enclosed housing application. Residence hall spaces are limited and are assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis, so you should apply as soon as possible. Admission to the university does not guarantee availability of housing. Any questions? Call 1-888-539-1616, or visit the Residence Life website.
- Register Vehicles – If you plan to park a vehicle on the FSU Campus, you must obtain a parking permit from the FSU Police and Public Safety Office, across from the School of Business and Economics on Grace Black Circle.
- Books, Student ID – Obtain your books at the University Book Store in the lower level of the Helen T. Chick Building or from the online Bookstore. Obtain your student ID from the Student Center.
- Pay your bill – Your registration will be canceled if you do not pay your bill. View additional information about bill payment.