Transfer Students - Your First Steps to Success
- Remember your Student (Banner) ID – This number (830…) is included with your letter of acceptance. It will be required for all transactions with the university.
- Complete and Submit Student Health Services Form – This form, which is required by North Carolina State Law and was provided with your letter of admission, must be submitted to Student Health Services. Failure to submit this document will delay your registration. Also, you are required to have health insurance. Your fees will include a charge for FSU Student Health Insurance, unless you sign an Insurance Waiver Form at Student Health Services. To receive the insurance waiver, you must present proof of insurance to Student Health Services. Call 910-672-1454.
- Complete Financial Aid Application - Complete the FREE Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and submit it to the Federal Processor. To expedite processing, you can complete the FAFSA online. Be sure to put FSU’s school code: 002928 on line 86 of the FAFSA. Any additional information requested by the FSU Office of Financial Aid must be submitted promptly. If financial aid has not been awarded by the time of registration, you will be required to make at least a minimum payment at the time of registration. Any questions?
Call the Office of Financial Aid at 910-672-1325 or 1-800-368-4210.
- Evaluation of Transfer Credits - Once you have been accepted and the Office of Admissions has received all of your official transcript(s) from previous institution(s) attended, a copy of the transcript(s) will be forwarded to the Office of the Registrar, whose staff will notate your courses in the Banner system. Your department chair/advisor will work with you to finalize your evaluation. Should you have further questions about this process, please call the Office of Admissions, 910-672-1371 or 1-800-222-2594. To review transfer credits, contact appropriate department chair.
- Declare Major (relevant only to Transfer Students with more than 30 hours) - Complete the online Application for Declaration of Major.
- Profile Examinations – If you have not completed at least 30 or more transfer credits, including six hours of university-level mathematics and six hours of university-level English, you are required to complete profile examinations. You may schedule an appointment with University Testing Services to complete your profile examinations at 910-672-1301. You may also complete profile examinations during New Student Orientation.
- Academic Advisement – Meet with an advisor in your department to select courses. Note: It would be helpful for you to take copies of previous transcripts to your advisement sessions. Important advisement note: If you transferred in fewer than 30 hours you are required to complete UNIV 110, University Studies. If you transferred in fewer than 60 hours, you are required to complete PHIL 110, Critical Thinking. If you have served or are currently serving in the military, you are exempted from the Health/Physical Education Requirement. (You must submit the appropriate documentation to the Director of Admissions to receive this credit.) Questions about advisement?
Call 672-1060 or 672-1205. Advisors will be available during New Student Orientation.
- Registration – After meeting with an advisor, you will be directed to register for classes online in the Banner system. Go to www.uncfsu.edu; select “Current Students,” and then select “Banner Instructions.”
- Student ID Card – Obtain your Bronco Card at Room 231, Rudolph Jones Student Center.
- FSU Email – Look up your FSU network account. You should check your FSU email account daily.
- Vehicle Registration – Obtain parking permit at the University Police Department, 601 Grace Black Circle.
- Books – Obtain your books at the University Book Store in the lower level of the Helen T. Chick Building or from the online Bookstore.
- Pay your bill – View additional information about bill payment.