Find People and Places
Orientation for Transfer Students
- Have you been admitted to the Fayetteville State University for the semester/term in which you seek to enroll? Click here for more information.
- Your letter of acceptance will include your Student (Banner) ID. This number (830...) will be required for all transactions at the university. For security purposes, you cannot obtain your ID by phone or email. Click here for more information about your Student (Banner) ID
- Have you completed and submitted the required Student Health Services Form? If you don't submit the form, then you will be blocked from registering. Click here for more information.
- Did you know that you must have health insurance to enroll at the university? Click here for more information.
- Do you wish to live in a residence hall? (Please note that admission to the university does NOT guarantee the availability of on-campus housing.) Click here to find out how to apply for university housing..
- Have you completed a financial aid application? - To receive any type of grant, scholarship, work-study, or loan, you must do so. Click here to find out what you must do to receive financial aid.
- Have you reviewed your evaluation of transfer credits? Once you are admitted into the university, your transfer credit will be applied to your FSU record. Please allow three weeks for this process to be completed. Your preliminary evaluation...Click here to find how to access your transfer credits.
- Have you scheduled an appointment to complete Profile Examinations? You must complete these exams if you have not earned at least 30 credit hours, to include six hours of university level mathematics and university-level English. Click here to find out if you are exempt from profile examinations
- Have you met with an academic advisor? You must do so before you can register. The advisor..Click here for more information about advisement.
- Congratulations! If you have completed all of the required steps outlined above, you are now ready to register for classes in Banner. Click here for registration instructions.
- Have you declared your academic major? - If you have 30 or more credits, you must declare your major during your first semester at the university.
- Student ID Card - Obtain Student ID Card at the Rudolph Jones Student Center.
- Books - Purchase your books from the bookstore in the lower level of the Chick Building, or online from the Bookstore website.
- Begin Classes for Fall semester - Academic Calendar.
- Obtain your FSU Network Account and Email - The university will send much vital information to your email address. Please be sure to check it daily! Click here to find your FSU network account and email address.
- Make sure you pay your bill by the deadline to avoid having your classes canceled. For Bill Clearance deadline(s), visit the Bursar's Office website.
Click here for tuition and fees information.