Lieutenant Colonel (Lt Col) Allen Gradnigo serves as Commander of Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps Detachment 607 and as Professor and Chair for the Department of Aerospace Studies at Fayetteville State University in Fayetteville, North Carolina.
Lt Col Gradnigo leads a cadre of four military and one civilian to educate, train, and commission 90 officer candidates through a comprehensive college program. This includes providing academic instruction on fundamental Air Force doctrine, foundations of the United States Air Force, Air Force leadership and national security affairs. In addition, Lt Col Gradnigo provides officer candidates practical leadership experience as well as field training experience emphasizing physical fitness and officership in preparing future officers for active duty.
He is a doctoral student in the Educational Leadership program and his professional affiliations include the Military Officers Association of America, Pi Lambda Theta Honor Society, Doctoral Students Association, and Sustaining Member status with National Public Radio.
Lt Col Gradnigo was commissioned as a Second Lieutenant in 1997. He served in a variety of leadership and advisory roles including flight commander, fellow, staff officer, branch chief, division chief, and executive officer. He also deployed in support of Operation ENDURING FREEDOM as a communications squadron commander at Seeb North Air Base, Oman.
1995 Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, McMurry University, Texas
1997 Basic Communications and Information Officer Training, Keesler AFB, Miss.
1999 Master of Business Administration, Auburn University Montgomery, Ala.
2000 Aerospace Basic Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2002 Squadron Officer School , Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2006 Advanced Communications and Information Officer Training, Keesler AFB, Miss.
2007 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2009 Master of Arts degree in International Relations, University of Oklahoma, Okla.
2010 Master of Arts degree in Security Studies, Naval Postgraduate School, Calif.
2011 Joint Professional Military Education Phase II, Joint Forces Staff College, Va.
2012 Air War College, by correspondence
2012 Cyber 300
2014 Cyber 400 (SCOPE Eagle)
1. December 1997 - December 2000, Senior Joint Wargame Engineer; College of Aerospace Doctrine, Research and Education; Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2. December 2000 - August 2003, Executive Officer to the Commander, 28th Operations Group; Commander, Planning and Implementation Flight; Commander, Multimedia Services Flight; Chief, Network Control Center; Chief, Network Administration Center, 28th Communications Squadron, Ellsworth AFB, S.D.
3. August 2003 - July 2004, Education with Industry Fellow, SBC, San Antonio, Texas
4. July 2004 - August 2005, Communications Staff Officer, Headquarters Pacific Air Forces, Hickam AFB, Hawaii
5. August 2005 - June 2007, Chief, Intelligence Systems Division, Intelligence Directorate, 13th Air Force; Executive Officer to the Vice Commander, 13th Air Force; Chief, Information Management Operations Branch; Communications Directorate, 13th Air Force, Hickam AFB, Hawaii
6. June 2007 - September 2009, Operations and Strategy Planner, US European Command, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
7. September 2009 - December 2010, student, US Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey, Calif.
8. December 2010 - July 2013, Country Program Director for Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, and Palestinian Authority; Defense Security Cooperation Agency, Arlington, Va.
9. July 2013 - Present, Commander, Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps Detachment 607; Professor and Chair, Department of Aerospace Studies; Fayetteville State University, Fayetteville, NC
Office of the Secretary of Defense Staff
Command Cyberspace Operations
Air Education and Training Command Instructor
Defense Meritorious Service Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
1. June 2007 - September 2009, Operations and Strategy Planner, US European Command, Pentagon, Washington, D.C., as a major
2. December 2010 - July 2013, Country Program Director for Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, and Palestinian Authority; Defense Security Cooperation Agency, Arlington, Va., as a lieutenant colonel
Second Lieutenant Aug. 8, 1997
First Lieutenant Aug. 8, 1999
Captain Aug. 8, 2001
Major May 1, 2007
Lieutenant Colonel Aug. 1, 2012
(Current as of August 20, 2014)