Sweet Tea Shakespeare, a project of Fayetteville State University, seeks to celebrate the wonder of Shakespeare and other classic plays in beautiful environments with family-style flare by providing simple, elemental, magical theatre experiences with a nod to the diversity and heritage of southeast North Carolina.
The goals of Sweet Tea Shakespeare are:
1) To develop an informed audience for classical theatre by producing Shakespeare and other classics,
2) to provide rich opportunities for area artists, including FSU students and alums, for quality performance, particularly when other area theatres are dark.
3) to encourage cultural tourism from surrounding areas for the benefit of Fayetteville area businesses;
4) to vitalize the performance of Shakespeare and other drama for the diverse communities of Southeast North Carolina and the Sandhills by presenting inspiring, accessible, literate, experiential theatrical performance;
5) to foster community and fellowship around the enterprise of outdoor theatre.
Sweet Tea Shakespeare is a function of Fayetteville State University and enjoys support from the Arts Council of Fayetteville/Cumberland County, FSU Friends of the Arts and FSU Foundation, Inc.