Do you want to....
We can train you ! Our BS programs in Biology, Forensic science and Biotechnology can provide training to help you secure a job or further training in graduate or professional school.
Strive to develop abilities and values, to serve our regional, national, and international clienteles, and create a nurturing and learning environment for students, faculty and staff.
- The Department of Biological Sciences would like to announce the winners of the following departmental awards. We would like to congratulate the following staff, faculty, and student on earning such high achievements throughout this academic year:
James Raynor: DOBS Academician of the Year
Erin White: DOBS Academic Advisor of the Year
Philip Senter: DOBS Teacher of the Year
Pamela Ratliff: DOBS Staff of the Year
Jessica Vickery: DOBS Student of the Year
~ We are so proud of you all!!!!!
*EXCITING NEWS from the FORENSIC SCIENCE PROGRAM:
- Dr. Khalid Lodhi, along with the staff and faculty of the Department of Biological Sciences would like to give a big round of applause to Ms. Carla Peguese and her new appointment at a Wilmington, NC Crime Lab. She is a graduate of FSU with a degree in Forensic Chemistry. This is a huge accomplishment and we are so proud of Carla and her achievement.
- Amber Maas, a Forensic Biology major, has been accepted into the Pathology Assistant program in Philadelphia, PA. We are so proud of the success that the graduates of the Forensic Science Program have achieved. For more information on the Forensic Science Program, please click on the link located on this website.
- Congratulations to the first place winners of the 3rd Annual Social Entrepreneurship Conference, held on February 11, 2015. This competition is sponsored by the University of North Carolina General Administration. Graduate Student Jasmine Gaston, along with undergraduate student Brian Olson from the Department of Biological Sciences, in collaboration with MBA student Marin Rachev made up the winning team. The graduate team submitted their business proposal for a product named CannaMix. CannaMix is a patent-pending insecticide developed at FSU, in the Department of Biological Sciences, by Dr. Shirley Chao, Associate Professor and researcher. Join the department in congratulating Dr. Chao and her impressive team!
* Accreditation of our undergraduate program in Forensic Science program is in its final stage.
Pre-RISE scholars earned academic credit for Intro to College Algebra and Physical Education, while receiving an intensive preparation for fall enrollment in the Principles of Biology course through online mini-course. >> Read More
Department of Biological Sciences
Fayetteville State University
1200 Murchison Road
Fayetteville, NC 28301
Lyons Science Annex, Room 124
Hours: M-F, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Phone: (910) 672-1695
Fax: (910) 672-1159
Dr. Lieceng Zhu, Interim Chair
Deborah Keller, Administrative Support Associate