Do you want to....
We can train you ! Our BS programs in Biology, Forensic science and Biotechnology can provide training to help you secure a job or further training in graduate or professional school.
Strive to develop abilities and values, to serve our regional, national, and international clienteles, and create a nurturing and learning environment for students, faculty and staff.
- Congratulations to Ms. Giovanna Bermudez-Quiroz, a senior FSU-RISE scholar, for winning the poster presentation at the 2014 National Biomedical Research Conference in San Antonio, Texas this past week (November 12-16, 2014) !!!!!!! The department is certainly proud of her and the entire FSU-RISE program and their accomplishments..... Way to go BRONCOS!!!!
- The department would like to congratulate Ms. Nicole Callaghan, a Spring 2014 graduate from the Forensic Science Program, on her appointment as an Adjunct Instructor at FTCC. We are extremely proud of you Ms.Callaghan!
- Ms. Melanie Boney, a graduate student in our MS Biology program, successfully defended her thesis entitled, "Variation in yield components and seed protein, oil, and fatty acid contents in the MD 96-5722 by 'Spencer' recombinant inbred line (RIL) population of soybean [glycine max ( L.) Merr.] Ms. Boney was mentored by Dr. Abdelmajid Kassem. Congratulations Ms. Boney!!!!
- Mr. Joshua Underwood, a graduate student in our MS Biology program successfully defended his thesis entitled "Exogenous application of salicylic acid can prevent the loss of wheat resistance (Triticum Aestivum) to Hessian fly larvae (Mayetiola Destructor) biotype vh9 under high temperature stress" on October 17, 2014. Mr. Underwood's research have been mentored by Dr. Lieceng Zhu of Biological Science and Dr. Ming-Shun Chen in USDA-ARS. Well done Mr. Underwood!!!
* Accreditation of our undergraduate program in Forensic Science program is in its final stage.
Pre-RISE scholars earned academic credit for Intro to College Algebra and Physical Education, while receiving an intensive preparation for fall enrollment in the Principles of Biology course through online mini-course. >> Read More
Department of Biological Sciences
Fayetteville State University
1200 Murchison Road
Fayetteville, NC 28301
Lyons Science Annex, Room 124
Hours: M-F, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Phone: (910) 672-1695
Fax: (910) 672-1159
Dr. Lieceng Zhu, Interim Chair
Deborah Keller, Administrative Support Associate