BroncoConnect for Faculty - Success Plans
BroncoConnect provides advisors a way to provide guidance for advisees through Success Plans. A Success Plan is a set of "tracking items"--to-do's, referrals--that is assigned to a student.
- A To-Do is a task the student needs to complete. "Monthly Advising Visits" and "Take the CLA+" are two examples.
- A Referral is a specific recommendation to visit a service, such as the Math Center, the Career Services Center, or Financial Aid. A referral is sent not only to the student but also to the service indicated. The referral service will know that students have been referred and may follow up to reach out to the student.
The following plans are now available in BroncoConnect:
- First-Semester Freshman: For entering freshmen in their first semester of enrollment. Will be used by University College advisors in Freshman Seminar.
- Second-Semester Freshman: For freshmen in their second semester of enrollment. Also used by University College advisors.
- Reinstatement Success Plan: For students who have been reinstated from suspension. This can be assigned by any advisor.
- Academic Recovery Plan: For students who have been placed on probation after the fall semester. Can be assigned by any advisor.
- Graduating Senior Checklist: For students who have applied to graduate in the current term.
- Student-Athletes: Self-explanatory.
We hope to add other plans soon. To assign a success plan,
- click the Students tab in BroncoConnect and the My Students tab below that.
- Select the student for whom you wish to create a success plan and click the "Success Plan" button. (Hint: It is a good idea to open up the student's folder and click the "Success Plans" tab to make sure the student does not already have a plan.)
- Select the Success Plan Type. You can customize the name if necessary.
- Scroll down to review the Tracking Items that come pre-loaded with the plan. You can assign a due date and edit the Specific Recommendation by clicking the Edit icon (pencil) and using the Tracking Item space above the list of items.
- You can delete pre-loaded tracking items by clicking on the X next to an item. You can add tracking items by selecting one from the Tracking Item drop-down box.
- When you have finished updating and customizing the plan, click Submit to assign it to the student.
You can assign success plans to more than one student at a time. Select the students, then click "Success Plan". You can combine this with a filter to identify, for example, all advisees with a cumulative GPA below 2.0. You can then assign all of them an Academic Recovery Plan at once. Plans can later be customized for each advisee.
When advisors assign a success plan, students receive e-mail notification of the plan and of the items in it. The plan appears in the student's BroncoConnect home page. Advisors can set due dates for to-do's and referrals. Advisors can also clear success plan tracking items and mark the success plan as complete as a student.