Welcome! The Office of Career Services (OCS) has developed an assessment plan to measure our contribution to student success at Fayetteville State University and the level of service we provide to students, alumni, and constituents.
We invite you to view our strategic goals, learning outcomes, data and review how these measures of accountability guide our work.
Mission and Strategic Goals
The mission of the Fayetteville State University Office of Career Services is to guide students and alumni in achieving career satisfaction. We endeavor to meet our mission by assisting our students and alumni to make optimal use of their knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Strengthen existing and initiate new opportunities for FSU students in the areas of cooperative education, job location and development, community service and career development (FSU Priority 5.4.2)
- Strengthen existing and initiate clearer communications and enhanced relationships with internal and external constituents (FSU Priority 5.1.1)
- Assist students with: development of professional skills, lifelong learning skills, global competence, leadership development, technological awareness; career choice, realistic self-appraisal of knowledge, skills, and abilities; and defining of personal and career/educational goals (FSU Priority 1.4.2)
- Provide a variety of formats and services to meet the unique needs of diverse groups: international students, military, commuters, honors students, living and learning communities, alumni, etc (FSU Priority 4.2 and Core Values)
Program & Student Learning Outcomes
List of Services
- Career & Cooperative Education Fair (Fall & Spring)
- Part-Time Job Fair (Spring)
- Volunteer Fair (Fall)
- Graduate School Fair (Fall)
- Black Executive Exchange Program (B.E.E.P Week) (Spring)
- Employer Days (Seniors) (Fall & Spring)
Data on OCS Events
Data on OCS Workshops
Data on Graduating Seniors