Major services delivered by the Center for Economic Education are:
- We work with the Council for Economic Education and the NC Council of Economic Education (NCCEE) to develop and distribute unique field-tested materials for use in the classroom.
- We provide professional development and NC financial literacy training through workshops, seminars and university-based courses for secondary and primary school teachers at no cost to teachers or schools.
- We participate in NCCEE sponsored statewide academic and standards-based competitions that foster interest in economics and financial literacy and enhance the learning experience.
- We work with policymakers as advocates for economic education and financial literacy initiatives in the public schools in conjunction with NCCEE.
- We work with the NC Department of Public Instruction to distribute standards-based curriculum at no cost to teachers or schools.
- We have partnered with the College Access Program at Fayetteville State University to conduct workshops for High School and Middle School Students at 21st Century Learning Centers, the Saturday Academy for Upward Bound Math and Science, the Saturday Academy for Upward Bound.
- Summer Financial Literacy Camp in partnership with the College Access Programs at Fayetteville State University.
Information Request Form