We are delighted that you plan to attend CHEER! Please make sure you take care of each of the following items:
- Return your signed 2014 CHEER Scholars Contract. This will reserve your space.
- Register for First Steps (freshman orientation) by using the link you receive in the mail or by calling 910-672-1060. Remember that all CHEER students must come to First Steps before CHEER begins. At First Steps, you will take your profile exams and register for courses.
- Return your filled out medical history and Immunizations Record to Student Health Services. You do not need a full physical unless you play a sport, are in marching band, are a cheerleader, or participate in a similar activity.
- Submit your housing application for the fall and pay the houseing deposit if you plan to live on campus.
- Fill out your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) to complete your Financial Aid process. CHEER is paid for, but you may need Financial Aid for the rest of your college education! All borrowers must complete entrance counseling and a master promissory note. To complete entrance counseling visit www.dl.ed.gov. To complete a master promissory note (MPN) visit www.dlenote.ed.gov. A federal pin number is required to complete both. Visit www.pin.ed.gov if you need to obtain one or need a duplicate sent to you.
- Send an official copy of your final high school transcript to Admissions when you have graduated. Without a final transcript, you will not be allowed to attend CHEER.