Ali R. Siamaki, Ph. D.
Associate Professor of Chemistry
Office: LSA 320
Research interests: Heterogeneous and homogeneous catalysis, Metal nanoparticles synthesis and characterization, Metal catalyzed reactions including cross coupling reactions, and Microwave and continuous flow reactions
B.S., Azad University, Iran
M.S., University of Calgary, Canada
Ph.D., McGill University, Canada
- David C. Leitch, Zhi-Yong Han, Laure V. Kayser, Ali R. Siamaki, Evan N. Keyzer, Ashley Gefen, Bruce A. Arndtsen, Nature Communications, 2015,DOI: 10.1038/ncomms8411Metal Catalyzed Multicomponent Coupling Approach to Conjugated Polyheterocycle Synthesis
- SudhaKorwar, Kendra Brinkley, Ali R. Siamaki, B. Frank Gupton, and Keith C. Ellis, Organic Letters, 2015, 17, 1782-1785.Selective N-Chelation-Directed C-H Activation Reactions Catalyzed by Pd(II) Nanoparticles supported on Multi-Walled Carbon Nanotubes
- Alex D. Martin, Ali R. Siamaki, Katherine Belecki, B. Frank Gupton, Journal of Flow Chemistry, 2015, Ahead of Print, A Flow-based Synthesis of Telmisartan
- Alex D. Martin, Ali R. Siamaki, Katherine Belecki, and B. Frank Gupton, Journal of Organic Chemistry, 2015,80, 1915-1919.A Convergent Approach to the Total Synthesis of Telmisartan via a Suzuki Cross-Coupling Reaction between Two Functionalized Benzimidazoles
- Hany El Azab, Ali R. Siamaki,Sherif Moussa, B. Frank Gupton, M. Samy El-Shall, Applied Catalysis A: General; 2015, 491, 58-69. Highly Efficient and Magnetically Recyclable Graphene-Supported Pd/Fe3O4 Nanoparticle Catalysts for Suzuki and Heck Cross-Coupling Reactions
- Hany El Azab, Ali R. Siamaki, Sherif Moussa, B. Frank Gupton, M. Samy El-Shall; Highly Efficient and Magnetically Recyclable Graphene-Supported Pd/Fe3O4 Nanoparticle Catalysts for Suzuki and Heck Cross-Coupling Reactions, Applied Catalysis A: General; In press
- Ali R. Siamaki, Yi Lin, Kendra Woodberry, John W. Connell, B. Frank Gupton; Palladium Nanoparticles Supported on Carbon Nanotubes from Solventless Preparations: Versatile Catalysts for Ligand-Free Suzuki Cross Coupling Reactions, Journal of Materials Chemistry A 2013, 1, 12909.
- Sherif Moussa, Ali R. Siamaki, M. Samy El-Shall and B. Frank Gupton; Pd-PRGO Catalysts: Laser Synthesis of Pd Nanoparticles Supported On Partially Reduced Graphene Oxide Nanosheets for Carbon-Carbon Cross Coupling Reactions, ACS Catalysis 2012, 2, 145-154.
- Ali R. Siamaki, Marc Sakalauskas and Bruce A. Arndtsen; A Palladium-Catalyzed Multicomponent Coupling Approach to π-Conjugated Oligomers: Assembling Imidazole-Based Materials from Imines and Acyl Chlorides, Angewandte Chemistry International Edition in English, 2011, 50, 6552.
- Ali R. Siamaki, Abd El Rahman S. Khder, Victor Abdalsayed, M. Samy El-Shall and B. Frank Gupton; Microwave Assisted Synthesis of Palladium Nanoparticles Supported on Graphene; A Highly Active and Recyclable Catalyst for Carbon-Carbon Cross Coupling Reactions; Journal of Catalysis 2011, 279, 1-11, (Awarded the top cited article in 2011-2012 certificate by the Journal of Catalysis).
- Ali R. Siamaki, Daniel A. Black and Bruce A. Arndtsen; Palladium-Catalyzed Carbonylative Cross-Coupling with Imines: A Multicomponent Synthesis of Imidazolones, Journal of Organic Chemistry 2008, 73, 1135.
- Ali R. Siamaki and Bruce A. Arndtsen; A Direct, One Step Synthesis of Imidazoles from Imines and Acid Chlorides: A Palladium Catalyzed Multicomponent Coupling Approach, Journal of the American Chemical Society 2006, 128, 6050.
- Ligend-Free Palladium Catalysts for Application in Carbon-Carbon Cross Coupling Reactions, Provisional Patent # 61/322,376, April 9, 2010.
- Methods for the Production of Graphene and Nanoparticle Catalysts Supported on Graphene by Microwave Irradiation of Solutions and Solids, US Patent 8,871,171 - 10/28/2014