Rail Road Safety
- Do not cross the railroad tracks that run through the University on foot, on bike, or by any other means. Only cross at the Edgecombe Road, W.T. Brown Drive, Hood Hall, Hackley "Honors" Hall, and Langdon Street crossings. The rail lines and rail bed are owned, operated, and maintained by CSX. If you cross at any other point, you are trespassing. This will be strictly enforced.
- Obey crossing signals at all railroad crossings. The lights, bells, and gates are there for your protection.
- Do not try to race to cross the tracks if there is an oncoming train.
- Weight ratio of train versus passenger vehicle --- 4,000 to 1. It would be like a car running over a soda can.
- Stopping Distance for a 150 car train: 1.5 miles