Return to the Fayetteville State University Home Page

Enrollment Services Center

FSU HomeESCFrequently Asked QuestionsEnrollment Services FAQS

Enrollment Services FAQ

Your Opinion Matters - Take Our Survey Button

Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why do I always get a recording when I call, no one answers the phone.

The University is experiencing a high volume of calls. When you contact the Enrollment Services Center (Financial Aid, Registrar, Student Accounts and Academic Appeals) you will be greeted by a recording. This is NOT a voicemail system but a queuing system. Once the recording is complete, the system will transfer your call into a queue, where the next available counselor answers your call or you can leave a callback number, and the system will automatically call you back.

Due to the high volume of calls during our peak periods (beginning of school) hold times will likely exceed 20 minutes. We are here to assist and appreciate your patience while holding.You may also contact us via email at

2. How do I reset my Banner login pin?

If you've forgotten your pin, you can reset it on the log in page of self-service banner. If you have been locked out of banner please contact the Office of the Registrar at (910) 672-1185 for assistance. Please be ready to respond to qualifying questions for verification

3. How do I request a transcript?

- Effective August 1, 2015, students and alumni must request transcripts through the National Student Clearinghouse.

- Students and alumni will be charged a $2.25 processing fee per transcript through the National Student Clearinghouse and a $10.00 processing fee per transcript for walk-in and mail-in requests.

-To complete an online request through the National Clearinghouse students must log into Self Service Banner and select request printed transcripts under the Student Records link or go directly to the National Clearinghouse website.

4. How do I register for classes?

You can register online in Banner self-service. All undergraduate students will need their alternate pin to register. Please contact your advisor for your alternate pin.

5. Who is my advisor/how do I get in contact with an advisor?

You can view your advisor information on our Advisement page. Once you have your advisor's name you can look up their contact information in the Campus Directory. If you do not have an advisor, contact your academic department for assistance.

6. How do I get my alternate pin for registration?

You must contact your assigned advisor or the department chair of your major to retrieve your alternate pin information (see question 5 advisor information).

7. How do I withdraw from a course?

Consult with your advisor to ensure this is a correct course of action for you.

- Effective Fall 2015, students must use Student Self-Service Banner to withdraw from individual courses.

8. How do I withdraw from ALL courses from the university for the semester?

Do not use the course withdrawal form. Contact the Office of Personal Development at (910) 672-1222/1203 to initiate this process. If you are pre-registered for any subsequent semesters and you do not intend to return the following semester, please inform Personal Development that you desire the courses to be dropped.

9. How do I request an enrollment verification letter?

Log into your Banner self-service account and click on Student and Financial Aid; then click Student Records; then click Request Enrollment Verification.

FSU participates in the National Student Clearinghouse, which is the nation's trusted source for education verification. Data is sent to the National Clearinghouse the last working day of every month to include summer months. You may request enrollment certification directly from the National Student Clearinghouse. Please click HERE for further details. The National Clearinghouse also informs you of pertinent loan deferment information

10. What are the requirements for the reenrollment process?

.The requirements for reenrollment are...

  • You are a first-time degree-seeking student
  • You have not been enrolled at FSU for two or fewer consecutive semesters
  • Your cumulative GPA is 2.0 or greater
  • You have attempted less than 180 credit hours
  • You meet the 67% completion rate
  • You have not attended any other institution since you were last enrolled
  • Reenrollment does not apply to recent graduates, special visiting, or second degree-seeking students.  You must be readmitted to the University.

11. How do I know if I will be assessed a tuition surcharge?

Please review the Tuition Surcharge Policy. Please follow the instructions located in the policy on submitting an appeal/waiver.

12. How do I apply for graduation?

Graduation applications are submitted through self service banner. Select Student>Student Records>Apply for graduation. 

13. When will my financial aid be applied to my account and when will I receive a refund?

The first disbursement of financial aid to your student account is scheduled for August 24th for the Fall semester. Thereafter financial aid will only apply to your student account every Tuesday and Thursday. Note: Financial aid will only be applied to a student account after all required verification documents have been submitted AND the student has been awarded. First time borrowers' loans are not applied until 30 days after the first day of class.

After the first disbursement, refunds are processed weekly. It can take up to 14 days from the date your surplus funds are available on your student account for a refund to be processed. FSU refunds are paid by ECSI via check, preloaded card, or direct deposit. Choose your option at Click HERE for more refund information.

14. What verification documents are needed for Financial Aid?

 Once the school has received your FAFSA you will be contacted if more verification documents are required to complete your application. Your financial aid status and/or outstanding documents can also be reviewed online in Banner self-service. For verification documents requested by the School Servicing Center, please visit

Once all documents are received it takes 10 days for review and processing. Once a student is awarded, their award information can be viewed online in Banner self-service. Please review the financial aid section of Banner self-service for financial aid award updates.

A breakdown of your financial aid award can be viewed online in Banner self-service.

15. What is the Federal Work Study process?

All students interested in federal student aid must first fill out a FAFSA; this application can be found at . Federal Work Study is based on financial need and is offered on a FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE basis. You must have a FAFSA on file and an award letter. The Federal Work Study program for the 2017-2018 academic year will run from September 4, 2017 to May, 31, 2018. Students must meet eligibility requirements to be awarded work study for academic year.

16. How much is my bill and when is it due?

Billing information can be reviewed online in Banner self-service. Instructions: Login; then click Student Tab; then click Student Account; then click View and Pay Bills.

The bill clearance date is August 22, 2017 for the Fall semester by 5:00 PM. Click HERE for more bill clearance information.

17. How do I submit an academic appeal?

You may find the form on the Registrar's website, under forms. The form is Appeal Form or Letter of Appeal. Fill it out completely, attaching "ALL" documentation that you wish for the Academic Appeals Committee to review. Students may submit the appeal form electronically, to the address or fax number on the form.

Submitting an appeal is not an automatic approval. The Academic Appeals Committee will review your academic record and provide you a response.

18. How long will it take the Academic Appeals Committee to review the appeal?

The Academic Appeals Committee is an Ad Hoc Committee.  For appeals submitted by the deadline, we ask that you give them three to four weeks to review and respond to your appeal.  You will receive your response via email.   


19. How do I accept or decline my federal student loan award online through Banner Self Service?

Click HERE for instructions on how to accept or decline your federal student loan award online through Banner Self Service.

20. I waived my student health insurance but the charge is still on my account, when will my waiver be processed?

Health insurance waivers are processed after late registration has closed. When your waiver is processed you will see a credit applied to your student account to offset the amount that you were charged for student health insurance.  The last day to waive the insurance fee for the 17/18 Academic Year is September 11th, 2017 for the Fall. Students enrolling for the Spring term only must submit their health insurance waivers by January 31st.

A Constituent Institution of The University of North Carolina