University College Electronic Check-In
Welcome to the University College electronic check-in! Please take a few moments to make sure your FSU username and password work properly. This information will give you access to the many online resources of the University. The check-in process has five steps:
- Look up your username and password. Click on the link below. You will need your student ID number (83....). Write down your username and password carefully.
Click here to look up your FSU user account.
After looking up your username and password, close the browser window to return to this page. If you already know your FSU username and password, skip to step 2.
- Access Blackboard. Blackboard is your portal for web-assisted instruction. Every course has a Blackboard website. Freshman Seminar students also have a .
Click here to access Blackboard.
If you are a first-time freshman, you should be registered for the Freshman Seminar I Commons site with announcements and other information of interest to all students. Look for the Freshman Seminar I Commons under My Courses. Click on the link to enter the site. After you have entered the Commons site, log out of Blackboard and close the window to return to this window.
- Access your FSU E-mail. E-mail is the official means of communication between students and the University. You should check your FSU e-mail daily. To access your e-mail,
- Go to Student Webmail from the Current Students page. Click on the Log in icon.
- Look for a message with the Subject Heading "Orientation pre-vU - Technology @ FSU". Open the message.
- Set up your Bronco Advantage profile. Bronco Advantage is FSU's portal to student clubs, organizations, and service opportunities. Find out what's going on and get involved!
Click here to log in to Bronco Advantage.
Your network login username and password will work for Bronco Advantage. Click Edit Profile to see if your information is correct.
- Register your phone for emergency text alerts (optional). FSU has a state-of-the-art emergency alert system. One part of that system allows students to register a cell phone to receive text alerts about emergency situations on campus (e.g., closure due to inclement weather). To register a phone,
- Go to the FSU Bronco Alert Emergency Message Sign-Up page.
- Enter your Banner ID.
- Enter your cell phone number, then enter it again to verify.
- Click Submit.
That's it! After you have complete the Electronic Check-In, please close all browser windows except this page.
Problems? If you encounter any problems logging in,
- ask one of the lab assistants to help you. Double-check your username and password. If that fails,
- complete a Network Account Issue Report.
We will resolve your problem as quickly as possible.