Learning Communities Resources
- Learning Communities Workshop (Thursday, May 19, 2005, 1:00-5:00 p.m., Chancellor's Dining Room). This was a hands-on workshop for FSU faculty interested in creating a learning community. The facilitator was Dr. David Schoem, Faculty Director of the Michigan Community Scholars Program, a nationally acclaimed learning community and service learning program at the University of Michigan.
- Learning Communities @ FTCC: Fayetteville Technical Community College has developed a strong and growing Learning Communities initiative. Members of the FTCC Learning Communities Team presented on Wednesday, February 16, 2005 at 12:30 in the Chancellor's Dining Room:
- Carl Mitchell, Dean of College Transfer
- Chris Diorietes, Mathematics
- Beverly Hall, Mathematics
- Jerry Ittenbach, Physics/Chemistry
- Vicki Pate, Social Science
- Learning Community Interest Meeting Wed., Jan 30, 2008, noon, Chancellor's Dining Room.
Living-Learning Community Links
FSU is expanding and deepening its learning communities initiative by incorporating a residential experience into selected communities.
Other Learning Community Links
- : Readings recommended by Dr. David Schoem
- Creating Community on College Campuses
- Geri Rasmussen and Elizabeth Skinner, Integrated Learning Communities: a study by two instructors at the Maricopa County Community College District
For More Information
Dr. Dianne White-Oyler
Learning Communities Faculty Coordinator