Welcome to the Freshman Center's New Students' page! We are excited that you will be attending Fayetteville State University. Feel free to browse around this site to find out more about University College, the academic home for first-year students.
First Things First
- First Steps with the University: FSU's early orientation session. First-time freshmen are required to attend. Transfer students are encouraged to attend.
- First Steps pre-vU: A preview of the information you will receive at First Steps.
- Freshman Questionnaire: Before First Steps you will receive an e-mail invitation to complete this survey, which will help advisors make sure you get the classes you need.
- First Steps Presentation for Families: A summary of the information provided to students and families in the introductory presentation and information sessions (.pdf format. Adobe Acrobat Reader required to view this file.)
- Freshman Survey: FSU's Office of Institutional Research would like some information about you as well!
- First-Year Learning Communities: Link your first-year courses for a better educational experience.
- Prospective Students: Links to other resources of interest to first-time students, such as
University College Freshman Center
- Overview: Learn about the mission of the Freshman Center
- Curriculum: Find out more about the University College Core Curriculum, including First-Year Guides for the courses most freshmen take.
- Personnel: Feel free to contact the Freshman Center faculty and staff. We are here to assist you in your transition to college.
Other Links to Success!