Welcome to the Freshman Center's New Students' page! We are excited that you will be attending Fayetteville State University. Feel free to browse around this site to find out more about University College, the academic home for first-year students.
First Things First
- First Steps with the University: FSU's early orientation session. First-time freshmen are required to attend. Transfer students are encouraged to attend.
- First Steps pre-vU: A preview of the information you will receive at First Steps.
- First Steps Questionnaire: Before First Steps you will receive an e-mail invitation to complete this survey to state your intended major which helps ensure first-time freshman are preregistered for the classes they need and transfer students are directed to the correct advisor.
- First Steps Presentation for Families: A summary of the information provided to students and families in the introductory presentation and information sessions (.pdf format. Adobe Acrobat Reader required to view this file.)
- Freshman Interest Groups: All freshmen are required to take courses linked together based on major or interest.
- Prospective Students: Links to other resources of interest to first-time students, such as:
University College Freshman Center
- Overview: Learn about the mission of the Freshman Center
- Curriculum: Find out more about the University College Core Curriculum, including First-Year Guides for the courses most freshmen take.
- Personnel: Feel free to contact the Freshman Center faculty and staff. We are here to assist you in your transition to college.
- First-Year Classes: Discover common courses you will be registered for based on your intended major or interest.
Other Links to Success!