First Steps pre-vU
The First Steps pre-vU will help prepare students for advisement and registration at First Steps. Students who read these pages and follow the links will be able to get the most out of their First Steps with the University. Topics covered include
- First Steps Reminder: Basic information about the event - when, where, what you will do, etc.
- Student Health Information: First Steps is an opportunity to speak with staff from Student Health Services, who will be happy to answer any questions you might have. They will help you complete the forms, which you can turn in at First Steps as well.
- First-Year Classes will inform you about the University College Core Curriculum and the classes most first-year students take.
- Learning Communities are sets of core classes with the same students and faculty. Learning communities allow students to explore specific themes and get to know their classmates better.
- Placement Testing explains how we use placement scores and what to expect when you test at First Steps.
- Reading Club: Entering freshmen must purchase and read There Are No Children Here, by Alex Kotlowitz.
I hope you will take advantage of this information. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.
Assistant Director of University College