First Steps with the University - Reminders
Students who have registered for First Steps should note that:
- Check-in begins at 8:00 a.m. in the School of Business and Economics Building. The program will begin promptly at 8:30 a.m. Activities will continue until approximately 4:00 p.m. Please be prepared to remain for the entire day. Directions to FSU and a campus map.
- Students: You will complete placement exams during First Steps. Get a good night’s rest the night before so you can do your best! We will use the results along with other information (high school grades and classes, SAT or ACT scores) to make sure your FSU classes correspond to your level of preparation.
- Family Contact Information: Families will have an opportunity to provide e-mail and phone information in order to receive updates and information. Family members should make sure they have their e-mail address information up to date.
- Family Members: Wear comfortable clothes and shoes for walking.
- Students and Families will have separate programs for much of the day. Your itineraries will bring you back together at the end of the day. However, if at all possible, please bring cell phones to stay in contact with each other and so that University personnel can reach you if necessary.
- A buffet lunch will be offered at the FSU Dining Hall for $6.50, payable at the door.
- Please be sure to bring any documents requested by the Financial Aid Office, Residence Life, Student Health Services or others.
Check your e-mail frequently over the next week! We will send you a series of messages as a First Steps pre-vU. You will also receive a copy of your Freshman Questionnaire. If you have not completed the Questionnaire, please do so before First Steps.