The FSU MAIL CENTER is located in the lower level of the Rudolph Jones Student Center, next door to the FSU Bowling Alley.
Hours of Operation
The FSU MAIL CENTER window is open from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding holidays observed by the State of North Carolina. Students have access to mailboxes any time the Student Center is open.
- The charge for mailbox rental is $25.00 per semester for students that reside on campus and is placed directly on the students account in conjunction with University Housing charges.
- No mailbox rental services are available during summer months.
- The cost for replacing a lost, stolen, or non-returned mailbox key is $25.00.
- Students will be issued PO Box and key to keep there entire stay here at FSU. If you decide to leave the University before the end of the school semester, or move off campus prior to your graduation, you must turn in your key at the FSU MAIL CENTER. It is the responsibility of the student to keep the key in a safe and secure place.
- Again, you should keep your key in a safe and secure place, and do not disclose your mail box number. (Mailbox fraud continues to be on the rise at many Universities.)
- Students who fail to return keys to the FSU MAIL CENTER at the close of the school year will have charges of $25.00 automatically billed to their account.
- Inform all correspondents of your correct mail box number. Mail should be addressed to you in the following manner:
Fayetteville State University
P.O. Box (Your Box #)
Fayetteville, North Carolina 28301-4298
- Stamps, money orders, post cards, envelopes, and other postal supplies can be purchased from the Window Clerk at the FSU MAIL CENTER.
- A postal service drop box is located in the lobby area of the FSU MAIL CENTER for stamped mail. If mail is dropped off after 4:00 p.m., it will be mailed on the next business day.
Protect Your Mail
- Don't let items accumulate in your mailbox. Make it a priority to visit your mailbox on a regular basis.
- Never give your mailbox key to another person. This compromises your mailbox security.
- Report suspicious activity to a Postal Employee, or the Campus Police immediately. FSU MAIL CENTER: 910.672.1123 - FSU POLICE DEPARTMENT: 910.672.1341
FSU Students With Dormitory Room Assignments
- We will strive to distribute your mail in a timely manner, Mondays through Fridays, and as soon as it is received from the U.S. Postal Service. Our objective is to have mail sorted and distributed to your mailbox by 12:00 Noon, except on Mondays when the volume of mail received from the U.S. Postal Service is extremely heavy.
- As stated earlier, if you leave the University before the end of the school year and no longer have a dormitory room assignment, or move off campus prior to your graduation, you must turn in your key at the FSU MAIL CENTER. If you fail to do so, a $25.00 charge for lock replacement will be automatically placed on your account with the University. Hold on your account will not be removed until paid. You are also requested to complete a "Change of Address Form" so your mail can be forwarded to you. Otherwise, we will have to return your mail to the sender.
Important End of Semester Information
For students who are graduating, leaving FSU, or moving off campus
- Your mailbox will close at the end of the semester; therefore you will need to complete a temporary address form at the FSU MAIL CENTER. Your mail will be forwarded to the temporary address for three (3) months. Mail received after the forwarding expiration date will be returned to sender.
- When graduating, leaving FSU, or moving off campus, it is your responsibility to contact family, friends, businesses, etc., to permanently change your mailing address. However, you must turn in your key and fill out a change of address card for mail forwarding.
- If you are a returning student and would like your mail forwarded for the summer, you will need to fill out a temporary address form at the FSU MAIL CENTER. Your First Class mail will be forwarded to your temporary address over the summer.
- YOU MUST KEEP YOUR HOUSING ASSIGNMENT TO KEEP YOUR MAILBOX.