Partners of GEAR UP
Activities Provided by Partnerships
GEAR UP Projects provide early college preparation, and awareness services through comprehensive mentoring, counseling, outreach, and supportive services for participating students. Examples of activities provided by GEAR UP partners are:
- Ensuring students' access to rigorous courses that help prepare them for college.
- Organizing activities to foster parental involvement in preparing students' for college.
- Operating summer and year-round programs at institutions of higher education that provide exposure to pre-college activities.
- Providing after school and weekend activities that promote student achievement and college preparation.
- Providing professional development activities for school teachers and administrators.