- Ph.D. United States History, University of South Carolina '06 subfields: Women and African American History
- M.A. U.S. History, Fayetteville State University '95
- B.A. History, University of Alaska Fairbanks '91
- Advisor, History Club (2006-present)
- Department webmaster (2008-present)
- Co-Editor, CAS Newsletter (2009-present)
PUBLICATIONS and PRESENTATIONS
- Historical Markers of Murchison. Cumberland County HQ Library. April 21, 2014 (With Charles Anderson)
- Celebrating Freedom: Emancipation Day in north Caroilna." Panel Discussant.Masjid Omar Ibn Saiyd Mosque. Fayetteville, NC. 13 January 2013.
- Abolitionist movement in Fayetteville, NC: Navigating Freedom," Panel discussant, Global Literacy Panel, FSU, 8 Sept 2011.
- "Rise of Conservative Women," Panel discussant Global Literacy Panel, FSU, Oct 2010.
- “Harriet West Waddy,” In African American National Biography, edited by Henry Louis Gates and Evelyn Brooks Higgenbotham. New York: Oxford University Press, 2008.
- “Martha Putney,” In African American National Biography edited by Henry Louis Gates and Evelyn Brooks Higgenbotham. New York: Oxford University Press, 2008.
- “Women in the Academie,” Roundtable discussant. Mid Atlantic Conference on Diversity, Virginia Tech, March 18, 2005
- "Stagecoach Mary,” In Black Women in America: An Historical Encyclopedia. Second Edition, edited by Darlene Clark Hine New York: Oxford University Press, 2004.
- “Civil-Military Relations in the United States,” Teaching American History Grant, Fayetteville State University, March 10, 2005.
- “Slave Women and Plantation Mistresses,” and “Abolitionists with Special Focus on John Brown,” Teaching American History Grant, Fayetteville State University, April 2, 2004.