WHAT'S NEW WITH THE NC FLEX BENEFIT PLANS?
(dental, vision, cancer, critical illness, core and voluntary accidental death & dismemberment, group term life, and flexible spending accounts)
- The monthly premium rate for the vision plan, administered by Superior Vision, will be reduced effective January 1, 2014.
- The current "Vision Plan 2", "Materials Only", will no longer be offered beginning on January 1, 2014. *Failure to elect new vision coverage during "Open Enrollment" will mean that the "Vision Plan 2" benefits will end on December 31, 2013
- A core wellness exam will be available at no cost. It includes an annual comprehensive eye exam for a $20.00 co-pay. Discounts are available on vision materials.
- The monthly premium rate for the critical illness plan, administered by MetLife Insurance Company, will also be reduced effective January 1, 2014
- The group term life insurance, administered by ING, will be offering spouse and children coverage options.
- If the group term life insurance policy is "employee only", it will be a "pre-tax" payroll deduction. If the policy covers the employee and his/her dependents, it will be an "after-tax" payroll deduction.
Open Enrollment Newsflash!
NC Flex Enrollment Guide
NC Office of State Human Resources