Guidelines for Operation
I. Structure and Composition
The Fayetteville State University Marketing Advisory Committee is an internal support group comprised of a select number of FSU employees whose experience and position lends itself to having knowledge of marketing and advertising standards, procedures, and opportunities. The Marketing Advisory Committee leads in exploring, creating, applying, and disseminating the positive brand of Fayetteville State University.
Members of the Fayetteville State University Marketing Advisory Committee are appointed by the University, under the auspices of the Vice Chancellor and Chief of Staff and the Vice Chancellor for Institutional Advancement.
Vacant seats on the FSU Marketing Advisory Committee are filled per the recommendation of the FSU Marketing Advisory Committee, submitted through the Chair for administrative review, consideration, and decision.
II. Operational Timelines
The FSU Marketing Advisory Committee will meet quarterly or four times annually. Meeting dates and notifications will be coordinated by the Chair.
Special, called meetings of the Fayetteville State University Marketing Advisory Committee may be held. Any special, called meeting of the Marketing Advisory Committee will be coordinated through the office of the Chair.
- The Fayetteville State University Marketing Advisory Committee will function as an advisory panel only to the Office of Marketing and Special Events and the Office of Public Relations.
- The FSU Marketing Advisory Committee will work in support of the Office of Marketing and the Office of Public Relations in achieving the mission of the University and in promoting the key messaging and brand architecture of the University.
- The University Marketing Advisory Committee will work to ensure a consistent and unified marketing and public relations effort for the University supporting a “one voice/one message” integrated marketing approach extended to a variety of key stakeholders and constituency groups.
- The FSU Marketing Advisory Committee will work to build awareness of, and strengthen confidence in the FSU brand.
- The FSU Marketing Committee will provide input into planned or new marketing/pr strategies or campaigns which may or may not be limited to general marketing of the University, student enrollment, donor giving, alumni support, and institutional reputation.
- The Marketing Advisory Committee will assist in the development of an annual, strategic University Marketing Plan for the upcoming year.
- The Marketing Advisory Committee will advise on matters concerning the relationship and relationship-building between Fayetteville State University and its various marketing and media partners.
- The Marketing Advisory Committee will work to foster positive exchange between the various campus departments, clubs, or organizations as related to marketing and media matters.
- The Marketing Advisory Committee will aid in the creation of a greater internal awareness of University marketing and public relations initiatives.
- The Marketing Advisory Committee will assist by providing objective brainstorming or idea-sharing for enhancement of marketing strategies, including the sharing of resources and resource availabilities.
- The FSU Marketing Advisory Committee helps the Office of Marketing and the Office of Public Relations stay abreast of marketing or PR related opportunities and trends in the business community and regional economy.
- The Marketing Advisory Committee will provide guidance and recommendation to help Fayetteville State University maintain a regional, national, and global presence in order to meet the needs of a global learner in a 21st Century society.