Our nation is faced with the presence of unforeseen vulnerability and the recognition that now, more than ever, there is a need for global interdependence. Our knowledge of the international scene and a global understanding of issues of the world must become the focus. >> Read More
Global Awareness Day: Wednesday, March 25, 2015 in Student Center Room 242
- 10:00-11:50 am: International Cultural Exhibits: View and discuss international cultural exhibits, such as on China, Cuba, Egypt, Global Mentors, India, and Yoruba, with Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistants, faculty, staff, students, and members of the community.
- 12:00-12:50 pm: International Cuisine Tasting: Taste cuisine from around the world, such as from Africa, China, India, and Egypt.
- 1:00-2:50 pm: Global Talent Show: Watch a variety of performances, such as from Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistants, International Students Association members, Global Mentors, and Cumberland International Early College High School students; examples include Chinese dance, Caribbean dance, Scottish bagpipes, Argentinian electronic music, Chinese martial arts, Chinese songs, and Egyptian songs.
- Classes are welcome to attend, and sign-in sheets will be collected. For additional information on volunteering or attending, please read more.
News and Events
- FSU offers Spring 2015 Global Understanding Workshop Training Session and Summer 2015 Global Understanding Course Travel Awards for faculty. >> Read more
- FSU offers five Global Understanding courses with institutions in China and India in Spring 2015. >> Read More
- The Office of Honors and International Education Programs hosted multiple activities during International Education Week in November 2014, including a Study Abroad Panel, Fall Honors Distinguished Speakers Series Keynote Address, International Café with Global Scholars and International Students, and Global Understanding Course Information Session. >> Read More
- Christopher Darden, FSU May 2014 MBA graduate, received a four year, full scholarship (tuition, fees, room, board and a monthly stipend) to study at Inner Mongolia Normal University, Hohhot, Inner Mongolia, China. Christopher left for China in fall 2014.
- The Office of Honors and International Education Programs works closely with the UNC Exchange Program to provide hundreds of study abroad opportunities to our students. >> Read More
- The Office of Honors and International Education Programs actively attracts international students from all over the world. >> Read More
Office of Honors and International Education Programs
Fayetteville State University
1200 Murchison Rd.
Fayetteville, NC 28301
Hackley Honors Hall, Suites 117 & 118
Hours: M-F, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Phone: (910) 672-2153
Fax: (910) 672-1981
Dr. Yunkai Chen, Director of Honors and International Education Programs
Mrs. Deborah Vasquez, International Student/Cultural Immersion Program Advisor
Dr. Alison Van Nyhuis, Associate Professor and Global Literacy Coordinator