International Student Guide
- Immigration Overview - US laws and regulations governing non-citizens.
- Documents - passport, Form I-20, Visa, Form I-94.
- Immigration Responsibilities - An international student in the United States must abide by certain rules and regulations, in order to maintain their immigration status.
- Travel Abroad - While enrolled at Fayetteville State University, you and your dependents can travel outside the United States with the proper documents.
- Social Security Number - The Social Security Number is a 9-digit number issued by the U. S. government to individuals in the United States for identification purposes related to employment and taxes.
- Emergencies - Who to contact when the International Student Center is closed.
- Graduation - Current law requires that, within 60 days of graduation, you return to your country of permanent residence.
- Working in Major Area - Practical Training, if applied for in a timely manner, is available to international students who will not be returning home or pursuing a higher degree.
- Traveling while on OPT- Required document.