International Students Admissions Requirements
The FSU Admissions Office requires the following information from an international applicant to be considered for admissions:
- Complete the Fayetteville State University application for admissions and return it to the Office of Admissions.
- Remit the required $25.00 application fee. Do not mail cash: remit by cashiers check or bank draft payable to Fayetteville State University. This fee is required by the State of North Carolina and is non-refundable. Follow-up procedures will not be implemented for an application received without the required fee.
- Submit an official certification verifying completion of a secondary school. College transcript from each college attended must be forwarded for college transfer students. Applicants are responsible for providing documents which have been officially translated into English.
- Submit two (2) letters of reference from school officials familiar with the applicant.
- Applicants should take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and either the Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) or American College Testing (ACT) Program and have the results sent to the Office of Admissions.
- Each applicant must file the Fayetteville State University Financial Statement with the Office of Admissions. The Financial Statement must be authenticated by an official of the applicant's bank or the applicant's sponsor's bank. The Form I-20 will not be issued until this evidence of the student possessing financial resources to attend the University is received.
- All documents must be received at least thirty (30) days prior to the semester of proposed study at Fayetteville State University.
- All applications are incomplete until all required credentials are received by the Office of Admissions. Send all credentials to:
Director of Admissions
Fayetteville State University
1200 Murchison Road
Fayetteville, NC 28301
Additional Admissions Requirements
Official copies of all secondary (high school) and university-level educational credentials in the original language. (Fayetteville State University will accept documents issued in English by an international university outside of the United States.) These credentials include grade reports (transcripts), graduation certificates, and if applicable all examination results.
- Transcripts indicating your school's name and address, dates of attendance, subjects studied, credits and grades earned, and grading scale.
- If you attended an accredited high school in the United States and an international high school between grades 9 and 12, have all your transcripts sent to Fayetteville State University for evaluation.
- If you attended any college or university in the United States, request that complete official transcripts be sent to Fayetteville State University. Grade reports are not acceptable in lieu of official transcripts.
- An official document (grade report or graduation certificate) indicating that you have graduated from secondary school. If you have not graduated from secondary school, send your most recent grade report with your application and a final transcript and graduation certificate after you graduate.
- English translations of all educational credentials if originals are not in English. These should be complete, literal, word-for-word translations, presented in the same format as the original documents. Grades should not be converted to a United States scale.
- Complete and return the required Certificate of Financial Responsibility showing assured support for the first year and projected support for the total years needed to complete your degree. Projected support should reflect a 4 to 5% increase for each year of study.
** Do not send copies or faxes of the Certificate of Financial Responsibility.