Student Academic Lab Assistant
The Academic Lab Assistant will assist users in various academic labs and classrooms across campus with hardware/software problems. Academic Lab Assistant’s duties also include performing general clerical duties as well as maintaining lab cleanliness.
Specific duties include:
- Direct and assist users with logging onto lab computers, printing, accessing lab software applications, email and online courses.
- Aid in routine computer and peripheral maintenance and report problems with software and hardware to supervisors.
- Attend periodic workshops to maintain currency in software applications.
- Ensure users are complying with lab usage guidelines.
- Answer telephone calls, take messages, route information to supervisors, data entry, and other miscellaneous tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Positive customer service attitude and skills.
- Excellent telephone etiquette.
- Ability to interact well and work cooperatively with campus community, including but not limited to students, faculty and staff.
- Must have a willingness to learn.
- Must show initiative and responsibility.
- Punctuality and reliability in attendance.
- Must be knowledgeable or proficient in use and support of various Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office Suite and other office automation software and tools.
- The independency of work will depend on the student level, knowledge and skill set.
- Unix/Linux and Macintosh OS 9/OS X experience is helpful
How to Apply
ITTS Job Applications are accepted electronically. For questions or comments, contact Alana Stephenson.