Student Technicians Client Services
The Student Technician will assist the Client Services Unit in compensating for the overflow of work orders from the Help Desk as well as assisting technicians in the field.
Specific duties include:
- Assist Client Services Technicians when necessary.
- Provide hardware and software support for university computers including configurations, installations, upgrades and replacements.
- Performs diagnostics and escalates tickets as required.
- Test hardware and software for university computers.
- Set up and break down equipment when needed.
- Imaging university computers.
- Assist faculty, staff and students with hardware/software issues.
- Administrative duties as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Positive customer service attitude and skills.
- Excellent telephone etiquette.
- Ability to interact well and work cooperatively with campus community, including but not limited to students, faculty and staff.
- Must have a willingness to learn.
- Must show initiative and responsibility.
- Punctuality and reliability in attendance.
- Must be knowledgeable or proficient in use and support of various Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office Suite and other office automation software and tools.
- The independency of work will depend on the student level, knowledge and skill set.
- Must be familiar with computer hardware repair and computer software installations, including but not limited to operating system installs, as well as, application software.
How to Apply
ITTS Job Applications are accepted electronically. For questions or comments, contact Alana Stephenson.