Student Technicians Networking Services
The student will assist the Network Services staff with implementing, administering, and maintaining the university network, including various LAN and WAN, network topologies, including network traffic monitoring, connectivity issues, and installation of routers, switches, hubs, bridges, etc.
Specific duties include:
- Assist with network server administration, project implementation and documentation.
- Assist in working on software residing on the servers.
- Assist in the installation of networking hardware/software while working within existing IP structures.
- Run new cable or assist in rewiring of network cables to improve connectivity.
- Assist with solving network connectivity problems as they arise.
- Assists with planning future network infrastructure.
- Build network cables as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Positive customer service attitude and skills.
- Excellent telephone etiquette.
- Ability to interact well and work cooperatively with campus community, including but not limited to students, faculty and staff.
- Must have a willingness to learn.
- Must show initiative and responsibility.
- Punctuality and reliability in attendance.
- Must be knowledgeable or proficient in use and support of various Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office Suite and other office automation software and tools.
- The independency of work will depend on the student level, knowledge and skill set.
How to Apply
ITTS Job Applications are accepted electronically. For questions or comments, contact Alana Stephenson.