Student Technicians Telephone Services
The student will assist the Telephone Services unit with operating telephone switchboard equipment to connect incoming and outgoing calls, which includes routing of calls to appropriate person(s) or office(s). The student will also assist is providing telephone and organizational information to callers.
Specific duties include:
- Provide phone numbers of faculty, staff, and students to callers, transferring callers when requested/necessary.
- Provide directions to callers attempting to locate the campus, as well as, attempt to locate a specific building/location on campus.
- Provide information about the university, or university related events to callers.
- Provide information to campus guests.
- Assist in maintaining and updating telephone directories and event schedules via databases and/or spreadsheets so that information is current and readily available.
- Assist in reporting telephone equipment or service complaints and problems
- Perform clerical duties, such as typing, proofreading, and sorting mail
- Other duties as assigned.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Positive customer service attitude and skills.
- Excellent telephone etiquette.
- Ability to interact well and work cooperatively with campus community, including but not limited to students, faculty and staff.
- Must have a willingness to learn.
- Must show initiative and responsibility.
- Punctuality and reliability in attendance.
- Must be knowledgeable or proficient in use and support of various Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office Suite and other office automation software and tools.
- The independency of work will depend on the student level, knowledge and skill set.
How to Apply
ITTS Job Applications are accepted electronically. For questions or comments, contact Alana Stephenson.