- Eating candy, food, chips, etc.
- Drinking coffee, water, sodas, fruit juices, colas, etc.
- Applying make-up, lotions, or combing, braiding hair.
- Moving around the lab without permission.
- Congregating in front of the door before lab ends, stay in your seat.
- Applying nail polish.
- Accessing the Internet without instructor permission.
- Offending sites are to be seen on your computer screen at any time.
- Unauthorized Music and Movie CD’s.
- Unapproved electronic devices in the labs.
- Limit print jobs related foreign language only.
- Keep your work area clean.
- Respect your fellow students by staying in your seat, and staying on task.
- Report damage to computer equipment when found.
- Do not write on tables, chairs, mouse pads or any other object in lab.
- Seating charts must be on file before the class comes into the lab for the first
- Instructors must stay in the lab with the students if the lab is booked for class;
- Supplemental Instructors may bring classes if they have been in with an instructor
- Instructors are responsible for enforcing the lab rules, monitoring internet usage
and student behavior.
- The Lab Assistant is responsible for enforcing lab rules and making sure the
equipment is not damaged.
- Music is allowed if needed for a class or part of software programs.
DISCIPLINARY ACTIONS THAT WILL BE TAKEN:
First Offense: Warning
Second Offense: Sending out of the lab.
If a student continues to cause problems s/he will be reported to the instructor and
the Department Head.