Why a Tutor:
Our tutors are dedicated and trained through the National Tutoring Association.
Our tutors share their knowledge and learning strategies.
Our tutors do not make judgements on the quality of a students work.
Our tutors do not teach.
Our tutors assists in understanding various academic concepts.
Math Support Center Tutors
Cynthia Hohman-Peer Tutor
Any Math Course
Dijon Cordova-Peer Tutor
Jeremy Leggett-Peer Tutor
College Algebra, PreCalculus, Calculus
Teneshia Beatty-Peer Tutor
Dorothy Nixon-Professional Tutor
Greg Simon-Professional Tutor
College Algebra, Pre-Calculus
Isaac Smith-Professional Tutor
Any Math Course, Statistics
Maurice Wingfield-Professional Tutor
Algebra, PreCalculus, Calculus
Prerana Bhatt-Professional Tutor
College Algebra, Geometry
If you think you might want a private tutor, please start by using our free tutoring service. You may be able to get your questions answered right in our office. If you decide you really want private tutoring, we can put the word out to people who might be available. You can then make arrangements privately with them.
NTA Tutor Code of Ethics
1. A tutors role is to never do the student's work for him or her.
2. The tutor will give honest feed back to the student they serve and will not insult the student with false hope or empty flattery; Tutor will always demonstrate faith in student's learning abilities.
3. Tutor will understand that their relationship to the student is professional and not personal.
4. Tutor will show respect for student's cultural background and personal value system.
5. Tutor will recognize that he/she may not have all the answers to student questions.
6. Tutor will maintain accurate records of tutoring sessions as expected and required.
7. Tutor will respect the student's personal dignity at all times.
8. Tutor will be on time for tutoring appointments, not onlyu out of courtesy, but to be a good example for my student to follow.
9. Tutor will keep all information about the student they are assigned confidential.
10. Tutor will understand that the ultimate goal is to assist the student in learning how he or she best learns and to help the student develop the skills to achieve hi or her best, most effiecient learning.
11. Tutor will share any concerns with the supervisor of the Math Support Center.
12. Tutor expects to learn along with the student.
13. Tutor will keep current in both the subject areas and learning methodologies.
14. Tutor will remain flexible to their approach to student learning, respectful of the various learning styles.
15. Tutor will share techniques for improved study skills with the student.