Society for Advancement of Management (SAM)
Your SAM campus chapter is a working model of a real business organization. And you will get hands-on experience making it work!
Your regular chapter activities will help you develop a wide array of managerial and leadership skills such as: goal setting, planning, organizing, controlling, project management, scheduling, prioritizing, budgeting, advertising, marketing, public relations, selling, fund raising, and running productive meetings.
- Gives you a personal introduction to the practicing managers in your local community.
- Exposes you to the most successful management techniques in current use.
- Transforms textbook theories into practical application.
- Eases the transition from college to career.
- Introduces you to other students who share your interests, concerns, and career objectives.
- Strengthens your resume with a professional credential.
- Moves your career on a faster track. "Through the interaction of students, faculty, and practicing managers, to assist in communicating the practice of professional management."
As a SAM member, you will receive:
- Quarterly issues of SAM Advanced Management Journal
- SAM International News
- Invitations to International and Regional Conferences where you can meet with professionals and other student members
- Opportunity to serve on SAM International Board of Directors
- Discount on the Annual SAM International Conference fee
- Opportunity to compete with other SAM campus chapters in our Annual Management Case Competition
- "No risk" opportunity to learn and perfect the management theory basics and practice
Dr. J. Lee Brown
Phone: (910) 672-1009
Dr. Don Okhomina
Phone: (910) 672-1249