- Increase the enrollment of historically under represented students (minorities and females) in college-preparatory advanced mathematics and science courses.
- Increase the pool of graduates from North Carolina high schools who are prepared to pursue careers in mathematics and science-based fields.
- Encourage students to consider careers in mathematics, science, technology, engineering, and education.
- Improve students' self-esteem and leadership skills.
- Increase student exposure to outstanding role models and rewarding future careers.