The NC-LSAMP Program goal is to provide activities that will prepare underrepresented minority students for doctoral degrees in STEM areas. STEM areas include the sciences, technology, engineering and mathematics.
- To provide a nurturing and structured environment for students.
- To increase recruitment and the enrollment of students that is interested in STEM disciplines.
- To increase our retention, graduation, and career development of minority students in the STEM field.
- Underrepresented Minorities: African American, Alaskan Native, Native American, Hispanic, and Pacific Islander
- U.S. citizens or permanent resident of the United States
- Undergraduate in Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Mathematics, Biotechnology, or Forensic Scienc
- Junior or Senior
- 3.0 GPA
- $1000 stipend per academic year
- Student/Faculty Research
- Opportunity to attend NC-LSAMP Annual Conference
- Opportunity to participate in National Conferences with Travel Stipend
- GRE Preparation