NC-LSAMP Scholars Program Eligibility and Application
The NC-LSAMP Program goal is to provide activities that will prepare underrepresented minority students for doctoral degrees in STEM areas. STEM areas include the sciences, technology, engineering and mathematics.
- To provide a nurturing and structured environment for students.
- To increase recruitment and the enrollment of students that is interested in STEM disciplines.
- To increase our retention, graduation, and career development of minority students in the STEM field.
- Underrepresented Minorities: African American, Alaskan Native, Native American, Hispanic, and Pacific Islander
- U.S. citizens or permanent resident of the United States
- Undergraduate in Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Mathematics, Biotechnology, or Forensic Scienc
- Junior or Senior
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- $2000 stipend per academic year/ $2000 stipend per summer
- Student/Faculty Research
- Opportunity to attend NC-LSAMP Annual Conference
- Opportunity to participate in National Conferences with Travel Stipend
- GRE Preparation
- Access to LSAMP Bridge to Doctorate programs
Interested in becoming a NC-LSAMP Scholar? See the requirements below:
- Enrolled at Fayetteville State University (or plan to enroll) as a junior, senior, or transfer student in a science, technology, engineering, or math (STEM) discipline
- Interest in pursiuing an advanced degree in a STEM discipline and US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Identify with an ethnic background (or race) of African American/Black, Hispanic/Latino/a, Native American/Indian, Alaska Native, or Pacific Islander (Includes Filipinos)
READY? Click below to apply to become a Future Scholar!
- Personal Statement- We'd like to know about your goals and how we can help you achieve your goals.
- Faculty Recommendation-You'll need two (2). Recommendors may write a formal letter or fill out our faculty recommendation form found here.
- Offical transcripts
Please return all application material to the NC-LSAMP office:
The North Carolina Louis Stokes Association for Minority Participation (NC-LSAMP)
1200 Murchison Rd., LSA 329
Fayetteville, NC 28301