What To Bring To Wear
Appropriate Attire for Class & Career-Related Programs
The Freshman Year:
Exploring- Self-Assessment & Career Planning Activities
- Begin to identify interests, abilities, skills and personal/work values
- Seek career advising to discuss choosing a major and/or identifying career options
- Explore a wide variety of majors
- Talk to academic and career counselors about the majors you are considering
- Develop and practice good study habits, organizational and functional skills
- Investigate and join campus organizations that might interest you. This is a good way to develop leadership, organizational and planning skills
- Participate in campus activities – get involved in what’s happening on campus
- Seek summer, part-time and volunteer jobs to explore careers and gain valuable experience
Answer the following four key questions:
- What do I want to do when I graduate?
- What can I do with the degree that I am seeking?
- What do I need to do to develop myself further?
- How can I ensure that I start the career I am seeking after graduation?