Spring 2016 Graduation Information
Please send all inquiries concerning graduation to RegComm@uncfsu.edu. You must include your Name, Banner ID and Degree Program in the e-mail.
Please allow 4 - 6 weeks after graduation to expect transcripts to be updated with "Earned and Conferred" and diplomas to be mailed. Check your mailing address throught self-service to ensure your mailing address is correct.
||Friday, May 6, 2016
||8:00-8:45 a.m. - Pick up line-up card
||9:00 a.m. - Rehearsal begins
||Saturday, May 7, 2016
||9:00 a.m. - Line-up at 7:15 a.m.
||Crown Coliseum (No tickets needed) - Downloadable map [PDF]
Additional Commencement information:
|7:30 a.m. - Family & Friends begin entering the Crown
||8:30 a.m. - Student Processional begins
||9:00 a.m. - Commencement program begins
Commencement Dress Attire
|Formal Academic Regalia (gown, hood, cap, tassle): Watch "How to Wear Your Regalia"
Please wear dark-colored skirt, dress, or pants and shoes.
|| Please wear a shirt and tie, and dark slacks and shoes.
|No sneakers or other casual attire, please
Steps for Graduation
- Ensure that your major, minor and/or concentration is accurate in Banner. If you determine that you need to declare or change this information, please submit the Declaration/Change of Major form.
- Meet with your advisor to ensure that you are on track to graduate and have met all graduation requirements.
- Generate and review your CAPP degree evaluation in banner. Follow the instructions, "How to Run Your FSU CAPP Degree Audit."
- You must check your FSU student email account regularly throughout the semester. The Office of the Registrar will periodically send graduation status and commencement information to your FSU email account.
- Complete the online gradution application and pay the $75.00 non-refundable graduation fee online using Banner self-service account.
- Order your academic regalia and invitations. Contact the University Bookstore at (910) 672-1322 for details and pricing.
- For Yearbook and Senior portrait information, please contact Mr.Dennis McNair at (910) 672-1704.
- Complete the graduating senior survey. It is mandatory for those earning a bachelor’s degree to complete the survey. For more information, please contact Amaka Umerah at (910) 672-2088 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete your Financial Aid Exit Interview. Contact the Office of Financial Aid at (910) 672-1325 for details.
- If you or a family member require special needs at the commencement ceremony, please contact the FSU Center for Personal Development at (910) 672-1222 or (910) 672-1203; or you may email Mr. Fred Sapp at email@example.com. Please contact their office as early as possible within the graduation semester to make any special arrangements.
- If you have not done so already, you must complete the Graduating Senior Assessment requirement by taking the Collegiate Learning Assessment (CLA) as a senior. Click here to register for the CLA.
Please Remember to:
- Clear up all HOLDS to ensure that you receive your diploma and transcript.
- Ensure that all course waiver/substitution requests, transfer coursework equivalency approvals, "Incomplete" grades and course repeat forms have been received and processed by the Registrar's Office.
- Ensure that your GPA meets the requirements for your degree program.
- Ensure that you've earned the minimum number of total hours required for your degree program.
- Ensure that your mailing and permanent address is correct in Banner as soon as you have applied for graduation.
- Ensure that your name is correct in Banner (ie. spelling, suffixes, middle name initial and spelling). Note: The way that your name appears in Banner is how it will appear on your diploma. Name change requests must be submitted to the Registrar's Office early in the graduation semester to ensure that the diploma reflects the correct name.
- Complete all of your final exams and receive grades - NO "Fs" or "Is".
- Ensure that your billing account balance is ZERO.
- You may order official transcripts online through Self-Service Banner. For instructions access the following link: Transcript Request Instructions.
- Please allow at least 4-6 weeks after the commencement ceremony to request your transcript to ensure that all graduation updates have been completed. Please allow additional time during university holiday breaks. Please review your unofficial transcript prior to submitting a request for a degree dated transcript.
- Once the graduation clearance process is complete, diplomas will be mailed to the mailing address in Banner.