What We're About - Mission Statement
Sponsored Research & Programs serves as the university's official coordinating office to assist faculty and staff in locating funding support for research, instruction, public service, and other special projects.
Sponsored Research and Programs supports a full range of pre-award activities associated with externally funded projects, including:
What We're Not
- A voluntary donation -- i.e., the donation transmittal information does not include any of the conditions defining a sponsored program.
- A voluntary donation of funds given irrevocably.
- A voluntary donation of personal property (e.g., cash, securities, books, equipment) provided by a donor without expectation of tangible or economic (except tax) benefit.
- The transfer of property with no implied responsibility on the part of FSU or the foundation to provide the donor a product, service, technical or scientific report, intellectual property rights, or any other exchanges.
- Donations of real estate, even if initially dedicated for a specific sponsored program.
- Funds received directly by a faculty member (e.g., summer fellowships or travel grants).
- A project conducted as an external professional activity for pay as defined by UNC Administrative Memorandum 333.
- Honoraria -- funds given directly to a faculty member by agreement not requiring administrative endorsement.
- Testing and service agreements processed through re-charge centers having an established fee for service.
- Teaching and professional services provided by FSU personnel to the public at large on a fee-for-service basis.
- Non-technical services to external organizations (e.g., lodging and food service to groups on campus; meeting facilities; sporting events).
- Fellowships and/or scholarships without a service component or other restrictions.