We are affiliated with Southeastern North Carolina Regional Microanalytical and Imaging Consortium (SENCR-MIC), a joint collaboration between Fayetteville State University and The University of North Carolina at Pembroke. It was funded by the U.S. Army Research Office (ARO) with $1,419,215, under the Contract Number W911NF-09-1-0011. This ARO project lasts four and half years from November 2008 to May 2013, and Dr. Zhiping Luo currently serves as the PI of this grant.
The mission of the SENCR-MIC is to provide state-of-the-art microanalytical and imaging capabilities for faculty, students, and staff at FSU, UNCP, and external agencies to support cutting-edge and transformative instruction and research.
List of External Collaborators
- Argonne National Laboratory: Dr. Dean J. Miller, Senior Materials Scientist, Materials Science Division; and Director, Electron Microscopy Center.
- Kansas State University: Dr. Xiuzhi Susan Sun University Distinguished Professor of Grain Science and Industry at Kansas State University. [
- Bio Materials & Technology Lab]
- Lamar: University:Dr. Zhanhu Guo, Assistant Professor of Chemical Engineering. [
- Integrated Composites Laboratory]
- Pennsylvania State University: Dr. Raymond E. Schaak, Professor of Chemistry. [Schaak Group: Synthesis and Applications of Nanoscale Inorganic Solids]
- Prairie View A&M University: Dr. Laura Carson, Research Scientist at Cooperative Agricultural Research Center; Dr. Aderemi Oki, Professor and Head of Department of Chemistry and Physics; Dr. Gloria Regisford, Associate Professor of Department of Biology.
- Shanghai University: Dr. Hongxing Zheng, Associate Professor of School of Materials Science and Engineering.
- State University of New York at Binghamton: Dr. Jiye Fang, Associate Professor of Chemistry. [Dr. Jiye Fang's Nano Research Group]
- Texas A&M University: Dr. Ibrahim Karaman, Professor of Mechanical Engineering. [MESAM Research Group]; Dr. Dimitris C. Lagoudas, Professor and John and Bea Slattery Chair of Aerospace Engineering; Director, Texas Institute for Intelligent Materials and Structures (TiiMS). [Smart Lab]; Dr. Lin Shao, Associate Professor of Nuclear Engineering. [The Ion Beam Lab]; Dr. Wenhao Wu, Associate Professor of Department of Physics.
- Texas A&M University-Kingsville: Drs. Sajid Bashir and Jingbo Liu, Associate Professors of Department of Chemistry.
- Texas State University-San Marcos: Dr. Luyi Sun, Assistant Professor of Chemistry. [SUN Research Group]
- The University of Texas at Austin: Dr. Joseph H. Koo, Senior Research Scientist of Mechanical Engineering Department.
- University of Puerto Rico at Mayaguez: Dr. Yang Li, Associate Professor of Materials Physics, Department of General Engineering.