New Information Zone
First Time Freshman and New Transfer students should complete and return the housing application found in their enrollment book, along with the $125 non-refundable housing application processing fee to the Department of Residence Life. The priority deadline for the housing application and the $125 non-refundable housing application processing fee is July 1st.
Operation Smooth Move for First Time Freshmen
Welcome to Bronco Land! The transition from home to campus life is the first of many you will take on the road to becoming a Bronco. We are excited about welcoming you to campus and want to help make this adjustment as comfortable as possible.
To ensure a smooth move in process and to eliminate congestion in the Freshmen Residence Hall living areas, the University has instituted Operation Smooth Move. Operation Smooth Move is a cooperative campus wide effort by which students, administrators, faculty and staff volunteers stand ready to assist you with direction and guidance as you transition onto campus.
The location and name of your building is indicated on the official assignment letter that you receive in the mail in August. Students should report to his/her assigned residence hall at the time appointed based on the last name initial. Students should also follow the suggested Move-In Driving Route to move into their assigned Residence Hall.
Freshman/Transfer Check In Dates and Times
First-Time Freshman and New Transfer students will check into their assigned residence hall in alphabetical order on Saturday, August 17, 2013.
- Last Names A-E (8:00am-9:00am)
- Last Names F-K (9:00am- 10:00am)
- Last Names L-P (10:00am- 11:00am)
- Last Names Q-Z (11:00am- 12:00pm)
Students will need to bring a Picture ID and if they are under the age of 18 years old a parent/legal guardian with them to sign all required residence hall check in forms.
- Bring only the necessities that you will need for one semester, be mindful of the limited dimensions of your room.
- The time phased Move-In Schedule will be strictly enforced.
- Freshmen are not permitted to have vehicles on campus (Freshman wanting to appeal the vehicle policy please may visit the student affairs website).
What Will I Need to Bring to Campus?
- Extra money for books and supplies
- Seasonal clothing, hangers, & laundry supplies
- At least one business suit and formal attire for special events
- Bed linens, pillows, mattress cover (twins size on campus/full size at apartments)
- Telephone with connecting phone line
- Clock with an alarm
- Surge Protectors
- Iron and ironing board
- Personal toiletries-towel, wash cloths, soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, etc.
- Shower shoes (flip flops)
- Mini first aid kit with medications and health supplies
- Cleaning supplies (trash bags, sanitizers, and etc.)
- Rain gear (umbrella, rain boots, coat, etc.)
- Small foot locker or storage case with a lock to secure money, jewelry, valuables, etc.
- Trash can
- Mop, broom, and cleaning supplies
- Prescriptions (up to date and filled, including eyeglasses and contacts)
- Health insurance information
- Flashlight, batteries
Optional Items to Bring to Campus:
- Reading lamp
- Posters and poster putty
- Pictures of friends and family
- Cell phone, ipod, headphones
- Small area rug
- Laundry detergent and laundry basket
- Trash can
- Message board/notepads
- Small sewing kit
- Hair dryer, curling iron/flat iron
- Small TV with cable connector and cable splitter
- Computer, printer, category 5 Ethernet cord
- Mini refrigerator
- Compact microwave
- Plates, cups, bowls, and can openers
- And of course snacks (sodas, juices, water)
- DO NOT BRING THE FOLLOWING: Extra furniture, grills, hot plates, toasters, George Foreman's, pets, candles, oil lamps, kerosene, immersion heaters, incense, electric blankets and heaters, ceiling fans, weapons (box cutters, knives, guns, etc.)
Suggested School Supplies:
- Highlighters, pens, pencils, markers, etc.
- Three ring binders, composition notebooks, and paper
- USB drive ("jump" drive, flash drive)
- Paper clips, post it notes, stapler, scissors, glue, tape, index cards, ruler
- File box
- Calendar, planner
- Desk lamp