Recruitment and Advisement
SCHOOL OF EDUCATION ACADEMIC ADVISEMENT AND RETENTION CENTER
School of Education
Fayetteville State University
G. L. Butler Building
1200 Murchison Road
Fayetteville, NC 28301
Dr. Shari Herring, Director
Teacher Education Recruitment & Advisement
Mrs. Beverley Lammie, Academic Advisor
Ms. Zoraida Younger, Recruitment & Advisement Assistant
Ms. LaMikka Bell, Advisement Assistant
Phone: 910 672-1096
Dr. Marion Gillis-Olion, Dean
Maxine McFayden, Administrative Secretary
Office Hours: M-F 8:00am-5:00pm
Welcome to the School of Education Academic Advisement and Retention Center! The School of Education is committed to your success as we prepare you to become a Teacher. We provide support from matriculation at the institution through recruitment to graduation. We work with you to advise you of the program requirements and course offerings. We invite you to use this site regularly for guidance.
Our Services are divided into two sections:
We share the heritage and benefits of earning a degree at Fayetteville State University so you will be Proud to Be!
• Teacher Education Recruitment
• SOE Inquiry Form
We hold your hand and guide you so that you are not alone during your first semester.
The School of Education Academic Advisement Center:
- Advises students in selecting Education as a major.
- Assists students with understanding and following a pathway from declaration through graduation with milestones, transition points, and timelines.
- Assists with reviews of program plans of study and provides evaluation of transcripts for students.
- Provides advisement for SuperTeacher Learning Community.
- Encourages students to major in Teacher Education Program.
SOEAARC OPERATING PROCEDURES EFFECTIVE SPRING 2012. Learn more