Tutors work with program participants to provide tutorial assistance in math, English, science and critical thinking courses. The goal is to provide supplementary academic support to students to improve their performance in designated courses.
The Student Support Services Tutors report directly to the Tutor Coordinator
The duties and Responsibilities of the Tutors are as follows:
- Develop a positive working relationship with the Student Support Services' staff and participants.
- Keep accurate records of student's attendance and tutoring services rendered to participants.
- Maintain communication with the instructors of the program's participants.
- Support the program's efforts of student retention by interacting with participants in a positive manner.
- Provide supplementary academic services to participants on an individual and/or small group basis.
- Evaluate participants performance on a regular basis through quizzes, tests and instructors comments.
- Attend all meetings, conferences, and training sessions for tutors.
- Utilize course syllabus provided by the instructor, textbooks, and other materials to assist participants in successfully completing course requirements.
Tutors must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0.
Must be able to communicate effectively, verbally and written.
Have an interest in working with peers to improve their grades.
Received a grade of A or B in course they are tutoring.