Application for formal admission top the Bachelor of Social Work program begins after the completion of 64 semester hours (end of sophmore year) of core curriculum course work. Students with less than 60 hours are considered Pre-Social Work majors and must complete a pre-social work application. Admission requirements to the BSW Program include:
- Completion of a Department of Social Work Undergraduate Admission's Application
- A minimum of a 2.5 cumulative grade point avarage. If the grade point avarage is below 2.5 the student may be admitted on a conditional basis after an interview with the BSW Admissions
- A grade of "C" or better in SWRK 230, Introduction to Social Work.
- A 500 word, typed narrative on "Why I Want to Become a Social Worker."
- Personal characteristics that are aligned with Social Work Values and Ethics as determined by an evaluation (through application, narrative or interview).
- Signed code of ethical behavior statement, and be in good nonacademic standing within the university.
- To remain in the program in good academic standing, students must maintain an overall GPA of 2.5, and a social work GPA of 2.75.
* The BSW Program gives no credit for prior work or volunteer experience.