The MSW program will not grant academic credit for life or work experience. Only students admitted to the program may take graduate social work courses. Also, only those students who have been admitted to the program and who have completed all required pre-requisite course work may enroll in practice courses and in the field instruction courses.
Applicants for admission must meet the following criteria:
- Completion of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university.
- A minimum 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale in all undergraduate work or a 3.0 in the last 60 hours completed.
- A minimum of 18 credit hours in basic social and behavioral sciences and a broad liberal arts background that includes courses in:
- Human Biology
- A score on the Graduate Record Exam (GRE)(General Section) taken within the last five years.
- GRE requirement waived for individuals with masters level degrees.
- Three graduate forms of recommendation.
- Students must submit a personal statement of no more than five typed, double-spaced pages which addresses the applicant’s:
- Interest in pursuing the profession of social work
- Volunteer work and paid work experiences,
- Future career plans,
- Community involvement
- Personal quality that the applicant brings to the social work profession
(Please select link) Application for Admissions and Graduate Recommendation Forms to Graduate Instruction
Submit to the Office of Admission by January 15.
Fayetteville State University
1200 Murchison Road
Fayetteville, North Carolina 28301-4298
Toll Free: (1-800) 222-2594
Fax: (910) 672-2512