Upward Bound Math & Science Partners
The Upward Bound Math & Science Program would like to thank the following community organizations that serve in partnership with making the program a success. If you are interested in becoming a partner, please contact us at 910-672-1870.
- AmeriCorps VISTA
- Cumberland/Fayetteville Boys/Girls Clubs
- City of Fayetteville
- Fayetteville State University
- Fayetteville Technical Community College
- Cumberland County Health Department
- Sandhills Community College
- Southern Regional AHEC
- Cumberland/Fayetteville Chamber of Commerce
- Cumberland County Workforce Development
Activities Provided by Partnerships
Upward Bound Math & Science provides early college preparation, and math/science awareness services through comprehensive mentoring, counseling, outreach, and supportive services for participating students. Examples of activities provided by Upward Bound Math & Science partners are:
- Exposure to STEM careers
- Sponsor activities to foster parental involvement in preparing students' for college.
- Host academic STEM programs that provide exposure to pre-college activities.
- Serve as a guest speaker to promote student achievement and college preparation