Upward Bound Math & Science Offers . . .
- Academic instruction in math through pre-calculus, English, Foreign Languages, and science.
- Tutorial services in English, laboratory science (biology, chemistry, physics and research), Foreign Language (Spanish French or Arabic), math, and other high school courses at target schools.
- Academic advice and assistance in secondary school course selection.
- Personal, academic, educational, financial, social and career counseling.
- Exposure to a variety of colleges and universities with an emphasis in STEM programs (science, technology, engineering and math), academic programs, as well as cultural events and other activities.
- Mentor programs involving FSU faculty, staff and students majoring in STEM fields and science.
- Supplementary academic skills workshops such as study skills, math anxiety, note taking and test taking skills.
- Exposure to STEM careers.
- Parent Institute resources to assist parents with school success.
- Assistance in completing college admissions and financial aid applications.
- Assistance in preparing for the SAT/ACT and/or PSAT/PLAN.
- Six-week summer research program.
Upward Bound Math & Science Students . . .
- Attend weekly Saturday Academy instructional classes, tutorial sessions and academic support workshops during the academic year.
- Attend colleges, plays, musical productions and visit historical and cultural sites.
- Participate in and 6-week intensive summer program on the campus of Fayetteville State University.
- Participate in hands on simulation activities such as Robotics, Lego, Quest and science fairs.
Learn more about... (coming soon)